The AIGA SB board is committed to advocating for design education on behalf of our members—professionals, educators and students. We produce our own educational programming, such as the annual Portfolio Day, but AIGA SB also acts as a liaison between professionals and AIGA student chapters at area schools and colleges.
Currently, AIGA SB does not have an Education Director as part of our board, so that position’s initiatives are managed by a rotating, ad-hoc Education Committee. This committee focuses on several areas of activity:
- Liaising between the AIGA SB membership and local AIGA student chapters or colleges and high-school design programs within the region, helping provide them with:
- Speakers on careers in graphics and multimedia in the classroom
- Judges for student shows and portfolio reviews at the school
- Hosting or sponsoring educational programs for both members and students, such as panel discussions, “meet the pros” debates, Adobe workshops or even a creative conference open to the public and schools.
- Portfolio Day – Produce an annual weekend Portfolio Review for design/photography/web/multimedia students from area schools, to be located in Santa Barbara or Ventura.
- Establishing a Speakers Bureau with names of AIGA members who could advocate for design’s value to businesses, government and the general public, as well as its impact on our community.
- Establish a Scholarship Program and/or help cultivate Mentorships/Internships for outstanding local design students.
AIGA SB invites interested design educators and all members interested in our projects to join us in developing and maintaining these programs.
Your browser is too old to view this site.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade it to the latest version.